Conlee S. Whiteley
Conlee is the managing member of K&W and has been with the firm since 1994. She practices primarily on behalf of plaintiffs in the areas of consumer fraud, pharmaceutical, antitrust, insurance, and agricultural products litigation. She has been appointed as class counsel in many of the firm’s class actions and has an active role in the litigation, certification, trial and settlement of cases against financial institutions, insurance companies, and drug and other product manufacturers, including: In re: Budeprion XL Marketing and Products Litigation; Shaffer v. Continental Casualty Co., et al.; Waxler v. Trinity Marine Co., et al.; Bonilla v. Trebol Motors and Volvo Car Corporation, et al. and RenDan Farms v. Monsanto, Co., et al. Conlee has represented the State of Louisiana in various pharmaceutical cases, including: State of Louisiana v. GlaxoSmithKline, LLC, et al. (Avandia); State of Louisiana v. GlaxoSmithKline, LLC, et al. (GSK Multi-Drug); State of Louisiana v. Abbott Laboratories, et al. (Depakote); State of Louisiana v. Endo Pharmaceuticals (Lidoderm); and State of Louisiana v. Shire Pharmaceuticals, et al. (Adderall XR). (Granuflo).
She also provides commercial litigation representation for both plaintiffs and defendants. Such clients include IMTT, IMTT-Geismar, Columbus Properties, Crescent Crown Distributing, Co., Republic National Distributing Co., Goldring Gulf Distributing Co. of Mobile, First Bank & Trust, U.S. Filter Corp., and Waste Management, Inc.
Conlee handles K&W’s Hurricane Katrina, Rita, Ike and Sandy first party insurance litigation, representing the City of Gretna (Louisiana), First Bank & Trust, Academy of the Sacred Heart (New Orleans), Cameron Parish School Board, Alexander Milne Home for Women, Goodwill Industries, New Orleans, Joseph C. Canizaro, Innovus, Inc., Barbers Hill Independent School District, LaPorte Independent School District, the City of Pasadena, Texas, the Township of Woodbridge, NJ and various condominium and home owner associations in New Jersey.
Conlee is a member of the State Bar of Louisiana, and is licensed to practice law in the Louisiana State Courts, the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana, District of Puerto Rico, Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas, District of North Dakota, and the United States Courts of Appeals for the First, Third, Fifth and Ninth Circuits. She has also been admitted to practice Pro Hac Vice in various federal and state courts throughout the country.
Conlee is the current Vice President and former Treasurer (2009-2013) for the Board of Directors for Alexander Milne Developmental Services, a non-profit founded in 1843 devoted to the support and care for intellectually disabled persons.
Recent Activities & Honors
- 2016 Top Rated Litigator, The American Lawyer
- Leadership In Law Award, CityBusiness 2016
- Conlee was named as a New Orleans CityBusiness Women of the Year, 2014
- Since 2003, Conlee has enjoyed an “AV” rating, the highest by Martindale Hubbell Law Directory.
- Conlee is the Vice President (2015-2016) and former Treasurer (2009-2014) for Alexander Milne Developmental Services, a non-profit devoted to the support and care for intellectually disabled persons.
- Conlee is a Director on the Preservation Resource Board of Directors (2016-2018) and serves on its Future Planning Committee (2016-2017).
- Conlee is the Vice Chair of the Trinity Episcopal School Board of Trustees (2013-2017), chairs its Audit Committee (2015-2017), serves on the Trinity Diversity and Inclusion Task Force (2015-2016) and served on Trinity Episcopal School’s Parent’s Group Board (2012-2013).
- Lessons Learned From Katrina, Gustav and Ike, Vol. 32, Issue 3 RSA Reporter (p.12) (March 2013)
- Building Owners May Be Overlooking Potential Wind Damage Insurance Recoveries, AIM (Published by the New Jersey Apartment Association), September 2013
- Lessons Learned from Katrina, Gustav and Ike, RSA Seminar, February 13, 2013, New York, NY
- Disaster Recovery After Natural Disasters, New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants Seminar, October 1, 2013, Edison, NJ
- Are we “Stronger Than the Storm?”, Annual EisnerAmper Closely Held Business Summit, October 29, 2013, Metlife Stadium
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- Louisiana Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association