Kanner & Whiteley, L.L.C. is a litigation boutique headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Since its founding in 1981, K&W has been dedicated to representing consumers, governmental entities, businesses, and individual clients in cases protecting the environment, promoting fair business practices, serving insurance policyholders, and safeguarding consumer rights.
K&W’s skillful management of class action, complex, and multi-district litigation has earned our firm a national reputation for success. Our leadership in these areas results from the ability to form strategic partnerships with firms of varying size and specialty across the nation. Having practiced throughout the United States, and with a strong presence in the Gulf Coast area, K&W’s attorneys currently hold licenses in Alabama, California, the District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico (Federal), Texas, and Virginia.
K&W’s aggressive leadership has put it at the helm of some of today’s most important civil cases, including:
- Representation of the State of Louisiana against British Petroleum and co-Defendants for natural resource damages and economic losses from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill;
- Leading the multi-district litigation against generic drug manufacturers for their version of Wellbutrin XL, the first “inferior generic” case of its kind;
- Representation of the State of Louisiana against GlaxoSmithKline for its violations of Louisiana’s Medical Assistance Programs Integrity Laws and Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Laws regarding its drug Avandia;
- Representation of the State of Louisiana against Abbott Laboratories, et al. for violations of Louisiana’s Medical Assistance Programs Integrity Laws and Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Laws regarding its drug Depakote®;
- Leading the multi-district antitrust class action against Cox Communications for its illegal tying actions, as associated with its lease of set-top boxes; and
- Representation of the State of New Jersey against Exxon for decades of natural resource damages to the State’s wetlands and waterways by refining activities.
These are just today’s accomplishments. To learn more about our recent victories, visit the Practice Areas section.