Other Areas of Legal Service
At K&W, we work with our clients to provide effective and personalized representation. In addition to our specialties, we provide high quality services in many other practice areas, including:
- K&W frequently represents commercial clients in various legal disputes, and suit is often avoided. Clients have included IMTT, Columbus Properties, Ballys Inc., U.S. Filter, Waste Management, Harley Davidson and ExxonMobil.
- K&W represents labor unions in a number of areas.
- Glass, Molders, Pottery Plastics, and Allied Workers Intl. Union v. Wickes Companies, Inc.[certifying national class of workers who lost jobs as a result of tortious conduct occurring in the context of hostile corporate raid], No. L-06023-88 (Sup.Ct., Camden Cty., NJ)
- Local 7-515, Oil Chemical and Atomic Workers International Union (OCAWIU), et al v. American Home Products, et al.[certifying national class of workers who lost jobs as a result of fraudulent job transfers to Puerto Rico under civil RICO theory], No. 92-1238 (D.P.R. Apr. 13, 1992)
- Natural Resources Defense Council, Inc., et al. v. United States Environmental Protection Agency[represented OCAW International Local 4-620 in partially successful challenge to "deep injection" RCRA regulations], 907 F.2d 1146 (D.C. Cir. 1990)
- Jorgenson v. Agway Inc.[multi-million dollar settlement March 2002, consolidated state law consumer fraud action by over a hundred farmers for defective sunflower seed], No. A3-00-59 (D.N.D. 2002)
- Tompkins, et al. v. BASF Corporation, et al.[multi-million dollar settlement arising from marketing fraud involving agricultural products], Civ. No. 96-59 (Trail County, N.D.) (May 13, 1997)
- Ren-Dan Farms, et al. v. Monsanto Co., et al.[$7 million national class action settlement fund for farmers arising from damages caused by genetically altered cotton], No. 68,466 (10th Jud. Dist. Ct., Natchitoches, LA)
- Wallace v. American Agrinsurance, Inc. et al.[certifying and approving multi-million dollar settlement of rice farmer claims against crop insurance company], No. LR-C-99-669 (E.D. Ark.)